Frequently Asked Questions (And Answers)
1. If you pass your screening call, you will be invited to our head oﬃce for a 2-hour face-to-face interview. If you are in another province and or country, you will be invited to your Area Developer’s head oﬃce for your face-to-face interview. You will be contacted via video call and pre-Qualification.
2. If you pass your ﬁrst interview, you will be scheduled to come back to the oﬃce for your second interview with either the C.E.O. or Area Developer (depending on what province you are in).
3. If you pass your second interview, you will be briefed on the oﬃcial steps to begin the process of either taking over an existing location or opening a new Freshslice Pizza restaurant.
It will take 2-4 months to take over an existing Freshslice Pizza restaurant and or build a new one.
Franchisees are selected by the following main criteria:
1. Type of work experience
2. Career goals and entrepreneurial spirit
Yes, owners of other franchises can most certainly qualify for a Freshslice Pizza franchise – as long as they understand the restrictions (if any) of their current contract with the franchisor. We welcome with open arms experienced franchisees to join Freshslice Pizza.
The total investment for a Freshslice restaurant ranges from $130,000 – $360,000. How it works is that if you have an existing site / and site infrastructure, we can have our team come in and renovate and bring in our equipment and branding materials. But, if you would like to open a new restaurant entirely, it will cost you an average of $290,000 – which is almost half as cheap in costs compared to our competitors.
As a Franchisee you will need around $100,000+ of unencumbered funds (45% of the total investment + $10,000 operational cash flow).
You will receive a turn-key restaurant that will consist of:
- Support ﬁnding a location
- Store design and construction
- All required equipment and inventory
- Advice and assistance in the hiring of required staﬀ
- Support with purchasing and distribution assistance
- Quality control check-ups
- Regional district managers
- Free marketing and advertising services
- Grand opening party
You need to have at least 2-4 years of experience in either the food and beverage industry, sales and or the retail industry. We look more speciﬁcally at whether you have managed a team, worked in a restaurant and or have run a small business.
For many reasons, more speciﬁcally:
1. 0% Royalty, 0% Advertising
2. Half the investment cost compared to other franchises
3. Unique product (Gluten-free, by the slice, thin crust)
4. In-House Dough Manufacturing
5. In-House Distribution
6. Equipment and Small-wares System
7. In-House Construction and Design
8. In-House Project Management
9. District Management Services
You can expect support in all areas of your business. This includes:
1. Purchasing Power
2. Quality Control
3. On-going Training
4. Operations Systems
5. Financial Management Systems
6. New Product Development
7. Customer Service Training
If our Real Estate team has a location available, then yes we will provide it for you if you pass the application process. However, if we do not have a location available we will support you in choosing a correct location pertaining to head oﬃce requirements.
Your total training from start to end will consist of 3 weeks.
First you start with an On The Job Evaluation (O.J.E.) which consists of a 5-day training period. Your OJE will be a great starting point for not only as us to gain a better understanding of your current knowledge and learning speed, but also for you to get a better understanding of us as a brand and future partners.
After you have completed your O.J.E., you will be scheduled for your management training that will consist of 2 weeks.
From there you will receive ongoing support from our District Managers and head oﬃce team.
Yes, we have great chartered bank partner experts (RBC and Diversity Capital) standing by to help you build your dream.
You will purchase all of this from Freshslice and other authorized suppliers.
Freshslice has designed a comprehensive grand opening program that will give your business a tremendous kick-start. We will plan, schedule and coordinate all of the promotional material and advertising for you so you can concentrate on training and customer service. The investment required for your grand opening program is approximately $5,000.
Upon signing the Conﬁdential Qualiﬁcation Report, we will give you a detailed list of franchisees you can visit to discuss their business details. Because our initial investment is so low, the return on your investment can be exceptionally HIGH. The amount of proﬁt you make is largely based upon your ability to closely follow our business system and to be passionate about Freshslice and it’s products.
Yes, you can. If we have an existing location for sale, we will provide you the details about the location and will support you in purchasing it.
1. Our unique business system is simpler – we need fewer types of equipment
2. This results in less construction costs and faster new restaurant openings
3. We deal directly with our equipment suppliers and pass the savings onto the Franchisees – in our license system we do not “double dip”