Freshslice Team Member Association
In October 2019, Freshslice Pizza launched the Freshslice Team Member Association, (referred to as TM Association) as a way to support and enrich Freshslice employees lives both in times of financial need or for the betterment of their and their family’s lives. The TM Association is primarily funded by Freshslice Pizza Head Office and is also financially assisted by partner contributions and fundraising activities. The TM Association provides qualifying employees of Freshslice Pizza, an opportunity to access monies to assist them during times of significant financial hardship and need due to, circumstances beyond their control, that negatively affect their lives and the TM Fund, is also available to financially assist Team Members and their families for the betterment and enrichment of their lives. Team Members may request assistance for furthering their education, enriching their children’s lives through minor league sport activities or any other worthy need, that will create a better life for themselves and their families. The TM Association Fund is available to all qualified, Team Members of Freshslice. Situations that can result in a Team Member needing assistance include but are not limited to, the Eligible Requests listed below. Team Members are eligible to apply for assistance after three months of employment, at a Freshslice Pizza restaurant, from the date of hire* (see qualifications) and no financial contribution, to the TM Association Fund is required from the applicant, to apply for financial assistance.
Contributions to the Fund
To help ensure the long-term sustainability of the TM fund, please consider donating through ongoing payroll deductions or one-time donations, fund raising activities, etc. Freshslice Pizza will also be contributing 1% of all dough sales to the TM Fund starting on, January 1, 2020 and we encourage our Freshslice Owner Partners to contribute a portion of their income to the TM fund.
Please note: donations to the Freshslice TM Association are not tax deductible: the TM Association is a non-profit organization.
Eligibility for Freshslice Team Member Association Funding as follows
To qualify for TM Association Funding, you must:
- Have been employed at a Freshslice restaurant for a minimum of 3 months, you are in good standing with Freshslice and manager/owner, of the location you work at, has approved your request for assistance.
- You do not have savings or other monies available, as a resource.
- You have achieved a minimum 3-star Freshslice Team Member rating.
- You may only apply for Freshslice TM Association assistance once per calendar year and you have not applied for TM Fund assistance in the last year: January 1 to December 31, will be considered as the guideline, for application year period.
- Maximum application amount is $1,000.
- TM must work a minimum of 20 hours, per week to apply.
- Payroll garnishments may affect your eligibility for a grant.
Eligible requests for assistance:
The list below outlines some of the types of financial needs that may be eligible for assistance. This is intended only as a guide and is not intended to be all-inclusive, of the categories which the TM Fund applications will be considered and evaluated for funding grants:
- Requests for extended health care financial contribution.
- Requests for emergency financial assistance (must be earning less than $30,000 per annum). This includes necessary emergency medical work (if not covered by Freshslice extended health care program), unforeseen financial emergencies, etc.
- Requests for public transit pass purchase assistance.
- Bereavement request for transportation/accommodation assistance to attend funeral of direct family member or compassionate visit of terminally ill family* member.
- Financial assistance for mental health counselling of TM.
- Financial assistance to enrol children of TM’s, into minor league sports teams.
- Financial assistance for tuition fees to accredited educational institutions in British Columbia.
- Financial assistance for emergency medical condition requiring recovery period for TM when they are unable to work and experience exceptional expenses to recuperate.
- Injury occurred on the job, where a loss of wages/income is experienced.
- Housing/Utilities (either past due or pending eviction/shut off).
- Domestic violence or when a Team Members physical safety at risk.
- Theft/burglary resulting in an unsafe living situation.
*Family member is typically defined as:
- Biological or step parent, sibling or child
- Father/mother-in-law, son/daughter-in-law
- Spouse/domestic partner
- Grandparent, grandchild
Please note: other family relationships may be eligible; all applications are reviewed on a case by case basis.