Sports associations across B.C. are facing financial challenges.
Sports organizations are always in need of all aspects of the sport: equipment, uniforms, venue reservations etc.
If you are involved with or know of an organization in need we are here to help!
Freshslice Cares (FC) was formed in 2018 by Freshslice Holdings Ltd., the parent company of the restaurant chain, Freshslice Pizza. As an independent, not-for-profit organization, our primary purpose is to contribute financially to sports associations based near our restaurants to facilitate and promote sports to
“HELP KIDS BE KIDS”.
Our vision is an active, healthy British Columbia where sport inspires YOUTH and promotes the health and well-being of communities.
- Kids LOVE PIZZA
- Parents love giving kids what they love especially if its: all multigrain, low-calorie pizza from Freshlice
- Pizza is a fun family event & a treat the whole family can enjoy and is very affordable.
- Supporting health and sports aren’t just for the body, they are good for the community
- Sport promotes: social inclusion, children from diverse ethnic backgrounds getting together as a team supports healthy communities
- Sport teaches leadership skills
- Positive sports experiences make possible development of healthy active communities, enriching lives through personal, social interaction
- When communities work together to increase access and opportunities for YOUTH to participate in sport, the whole community thrives.
- There is a need to help bring physical activity to those who may not have the opportunity do to financial restrictions.
- Youth have the: abilities, ambitions, fundamental knowledge, skills and opportunities to participate in and enjoy physical activity, recreation and sport
- British Columbians feel energized, proud and connected to their communities as participants, spectators, and hosts of sports activities, events and major games.
- Sports associations across the province are facing financial challenges. Be it in whatever sports organizations are always in need of all aspects of the sport: equipment, uniforms, venue reservations etc.
- FRESHSLICE CARES distributes funds to sports associations in the communities in which we do business
To realize this vision, Freshslice Cares has primarily three principle goals to help youth thrive via sport and physical activity:
- Sport…Increase participation and performance by funding equipment and venues…
- Community…Enrich and energize communities by supporting local sports associations. Local Freshlice owners engage the communities in which they do business by interviewing, screening and providing initial grant approval recommendations to head office for final funding…
- Business…Maximize fundraising revenue by implementing consumer-driven promotions in addition to generous contributions from customers and suppliers.
It’s easy to apply! Five simple steps.
STEP 1…download and complete your Freshslice Cares – Grant Application
STEP 2…meet with the owner/manager of your closest Freshslice restaurant for review of your application
STEP 3…e mail your completed grant application to firstname.lastname@example.org
STEP 4…in 10 business days you will receive notification of the status of your application
STEP 5…sit back and see the smile on the faces of the kids you have helped to be kids!
FRESHSLICE CARES receives its funding from generous individual donors like you who drop change in a FRESHSLICE CARES in-store DONATION BOX, fund-raisers, community organization donors, corporate partnerships and through the generosity of Freshlice owners who are committed to the communities they serve, and Freshslice global headquarters.
Contributions can be made directly by mailing a cheque to:
Freshslice Cares Association
1610 Ingleton Avenue, Burnaby, B.C.